In the dead of winter, my cravings for comfort foods intensifies! I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it with Jack’s Hard Cider, of course.
My ingredients were:
4 Eggs, one at a time
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2/3Cup Hard Apple Cider, I used Jack’s Hard Cider – Helen’s Blend
1 tsp Vanilla
What I did:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large Bowl, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each egg.
3. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and spice into a separate bowl
4. Measure out the cider (save rest for a treat afterward) and stir in the vanilla.
5. Alternate mixing the dry ingredients into the batter, then add some of the cider. Finish with the dry ingredients.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake tray. I used liners in mine. Otherwise – grease the cupcake tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and then frost with Apple Butter Frosting. (recipe below)
Now for the Apple Butter Frosting:
1/4Cup Apple Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
What I did:
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, then add apple butter and brown sugar.
2. Bring to a boil until the sugar had dissolved. Keep at medium heat
3. Add milk and cinnamon, stir until blended.
4. Remove from heat and cool
5. After frosting had cooled to room temperature, add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Then refrigerate until the frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cupcakes when they are cool.
5. Go enjoy with the left over Jack’s Hard Cider!